Monday, April 14, 2014

Video Triptychs

 
In my three vines I explored the differences and advantages to nature and technology. My first vine brings up a contradiction because our vines were supposed to be based on nature in some way, yet in order to record this nature we use technology. Sure this allows for creativity and cool experiences for this class, but at the same time, nature can't be enjoyed to its fullest if technology is still in use. After shooting my next vine, I walked to my car, another source of technology. Realizing how cold it had gotten throughout the day, I saw this as a perfect example for my next vine. Inside my car I was surrounded by a comfortable 70 degree feel, but currently outside it was only 40 degrees. This vine proves that our current technology can provide comfort as well as convenience in times of need. Clearly if you're not dressed appropriately, technology can provide comfort considering cold weather isn't something we would consider comfortable. As for my last vine, I had a plan to go longboarding while recording the vine, but then it began to rain really hard so instead I figured this could be another example in which technology is convenient. Sitting in a car completely protects you from getting wet in the rain, once again providing more comfort.

1 comment:

  1. Your opening video/comment opens the paradox of nature mediated by/recorded by technology. A contradiction implicit in the assignment, of course. Similarly the assignment to record nature exposed you to it, until you sought shelter and recorded that instead. Two car shots make this less interesting than a more varied approach/setting would, but I understand the reasons.

    ReplyDelete